City of the Gods Forum

Talk to the authors as they create

I've recently been asked to complete an author interview, and one of the questions has me stumped. It asks, "Who would you cast in the movie version of your book?" I have to admit that I barely know one actor from the next; celebrity news has never interested me. So I'm really struggling! Can you help me out with some good answers? Who would make a great D'Molay, an intriguing Mazu? Who would you like to play your favorite character? Please let me know! Tweet to @wynnmercere or Emailwynnmercere@wynnmercere.com.

Views: 97

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Well I'm in on this... After all when they DO make the movie (or syfy channel mini-series) they'll need our advice on who to cast..  So here's the main cast and my list so far...

D'Molay - Well the first thought is Hugh Jackman, but Viggo Mortensen could be a great D'Molay  - But maybe that's too obvious a choice...

Aavi - I know she's not an actress, but I saw a music video with Taylor Swift and I thought she looked as close to Aavi as any famous person I have ever seen (as long as she is made to look innoscent rather than sexy). So TAYLOR SWIFT.

Mazu - ROSILAND CHAO She played Keiko O'Brian on Star Trek TNG.  And she would be the right age to play the part of the 50-65 year old looking Mazu 

Eros - How about CHRIS HELMSWORTH from Thor?

Zyphrus - How about ANDY DICK or HUGH LUARIE?  Both can be funny and would make a great foil to Eros.

Hamadryad Leader - Oo how about ZOOEY DESCHANEL?  She could play it as a little bit other worldly / quirky very well.

There are lots of other characters in the books, but these are the main ones and one I just thought would be good for the part.  So what do you all think?

I asked Steve to create a cast photo for me and though its a little late, here it is... 
HUGH JACKMAN    TAYLOR SWIFT  ROSALIND CHAO   CHRIS HELMSWORTH  HUGH LAURIE   ZOOEY    

I like all those potential faces except for Hugh Laurie. He's too old for the part of Zephyrus now. That's a big part of my problem with casting -- I'm more aware of actors from my own generation who are obviously not the right age for the younger roles. Maybe we could make this movie all CGI lol. Zooey would be a freaky dryad, I like that idea a lot.

M. Scott Verne said:

Well I'm in on this... After all when they DO make the movie (or syfy channel mini-series) they'll need our advice on who to cast..  So here's the main cast and my list so far...

D'Molay - Well the first thought is Hugh Jackman, but Viggo Mortensen could be a great D'Molay  - But maybe that's too obvious a choice...

Aavi - I know she's not an actress, but I saw a music video with Taylor Swift and I thought she looked as close to Aavi as any famous person I have ever seen (as long as she is made to look innoscent rather than sexy). So TAYLOR SWIFT.

Mazu - ROSILAND CHAO She played Keiko O'Brian on Star Trek TNG.  And she would be the right age to play the part of the 50-65 year old looking Mazu 

Eros - How about CHRIS HELMSWORTH from Thor?

Zyphrus - How about ANDY DICK or HUGH LUARIE?  Both can be funny and would make a great foil to Eros.

Hamadryad Leader - Oo how about ZOOEY DESCHANEL?  She could play it as a little bit other worldly / quirky very well.

There are lots of other characters in the books, but these are the main ones and one I just thought would be good for the part.  So what do you all think?

I think your right about Hugh & Andy being too old for the part.  So how about Fred Armasen from SNL? 

lol no, that guy's too funny looking for Zephyrus. However, I thought of a guy. The actor is Brian Thomas Smith who is on Big Bang Theory sometimes.

Ok Fair enough Brian Thomas Smith as Zeph!

I have to admit, casting our CoG movie was pretty fun.  odds are, if they ever do DO a City of the Gods movie, it will be cast by people we probably have never even heard of.   But just for fun, let's pretend they do the "Hollywood" style pof Casting... in other words, who would the agents and producers pick to play our characters?

Get ready to wince at a few of these...

D'Molay - Either Tom Cruise or Johnny Depp

Aavi - Amy Adams or Beyonce!

Mazu - Luzie Lou or maybe Tia Careera

Eros - Brad Pitt

Zephrys - Matt Damon

Directed by Michael Bay

Think Transformers meets Pearl Harbor! 

Truth be told, if there ever was a CoG movie, I would want to see it made as a joint Hong Kong/French production and keep Hollywood far, far away.

Last night we watch the Jet Li film "The Sorcerer and the White Snake" and it was so awesome in the way it depicted mythical beings and god-like powers. There was even a man who got turned into a bat creature that was almost exactly like Mordecai! 

You can see the trailer here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoJVnniaWQk and on that same page there are links to other scenes from the movie. This is what I would want a CoG movie to be like!

M. Scott Verne said:

Ok Fair enough Brian Thomas Smith as Zeph!

I have to admit, casting our CoG movie was pretty fun.  odds are, if they ever do DO a City of the Gods movie, it will be cast by people we probably have never even heard of.   But just for fun, let's pretend they do the "Hollywood" style pof Casting... in other words, who would the agents and producers pick to play our characters?

Get ready to wince at a few of these...

D'Molay - Either Tom Cruise or Johnny Depp

Aavi - Amy Adams or Beyonce!

Mazu - Luzie Lou or maybe Tia Careera

Eros - Brad Pitt

Zephrys - Matt Damon

Directed by Michael Bay

Think Transformers meets Pearl Harbor! 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2017   Created by M. Scott Verne.   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service